Mahoney Contracts have progressively diversified to produce commercial new build, fit outs and refurbishment services to a wide range of clients. Our client base includes: Commercial & Retail, Education, Healthcare, Housing and Leisure.
From inception through to completion, we keep our customer fully updated and included to deliver a quality project. We pride ourselves on repeat business due to our client care and attention to detail. Our multi-disciplined teams have a clear understanding of the construction industry with a genuine willingness to go that extra mile.
We offer a full design and build package, and always strive for new innovations in a moving market, keeping abreast of the latest technology.
As we continue our planned UK growth strategy, we now need several new team members for mid to long term opportunities. On the back of a series of sustained large project wins, we currently have the following vacancy.
The Quantity Surveyor role will be to support the Company in preparing tender and bid documents for our commercial nationwide contracts.
The successful candidate will play a key part in ensuring we are able to deliver the right solution for the Client, and the Company. The candidate will hold excellent communication skills, have the ability to work as part of a team and the confidence to have a positive impact on the Company.
- Preparation of tender and bid documents, including bill of quantities
- Taking measurements to produce estimations
- Assessment and valuations of variations
- Obtain competitive sub-contractor quotations
- Assist with purchasing materials
- Site visits to assess progress and comparison of plans
- Assistance with site preparation activities
- Identification of material and labour costs, and to provide input feedback to improve value for money
- Provide feedback on ways to improve the Company’s environmental impact and waste reduction
- Complete processes with a high degree of commercial acumen and skill
A successful candidate for this role must have:
- A relevant qualification in quantity surveying (desirable, not essential)
- Proven experience within the construction industry
- A sound understanding of safety systems and value the importance of attention to detail within your work
- Proficient IT skills
- Full UK driving licence and use of a vehicle
- Ambition and self-motivation
- Salary based on experience
- Coaching, training, and support to help you develop in your role
- Scope for progression within the company
- Pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave
- Health care cash plan for dental, optical and therapy treatments
- 24-hour health assistance for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Programme, providing confidential access to wellbeing tools and resources
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £31,000.00 per year